Last updated: April 2015
Our Programs are available only to persons age 18 or over (or the legal age of majority in their state or country of residence). We may update or change these Purchase Terms at any time with or without notice to you, except that we will not change pricing terms valid at time of purchase without first notifying you and giving you a reasonable opportunity to cancel your Program purchase or enrollment.
1. AVAILABLE PROGRAMS
Empowering Parents may make various Programs available for sale or download, including but not limited to the following:
- Total Transformation Program
- The Complete Guide to Consequences Program
- Two Parents One Plan
- Getting Through To Your Child
- Total Focus
- The Calm Parent AM & PM
- The ODD Lifeline
- Life Over The Influence
- Us Factor
- Us Factor Hope, Forgiveness & Love
- 1-On-1 Coaching
Additional Programs may be made available for purchase from time-to-time.
2. PAYMENT TERMS
Empowering Parents may make offers available to you based on the following payment terms:
- Single Pay Offer: You may pay for your selected Program in full. The specific cost of your Program, plus any applicable taxes and shipping and handling fees, will be stated before you submit payment information (e.g., your credit or debit card number). Unless you have selected a delay option, we will charge your credit or debit card or other account on or about the date that you submit your order (“Order Date”).
- Multi-Pay Offer: We may make available to you an option to pay for your Program by making more than one payment (e.g., three-pay plans). Unless you have selected an available delay option (described below), we will charge the first payment to the credit or debit card or other account you provide at checkout on or about the Order Date and then charge your subsequent payments according to the amounts stated and payment schedule specified at checkout. Applicable shipping and handling charges will be added to your first payment. Applicable taxes will be assessed on each payment as appropriate. All future payments will be charged to the same card or account you provide at checkout, unless you otherwise contact us. While we may contact you if we are unable to charge your card or account, it is your responsibility to keep your account information current with us. See below for customer service contact information.
- Delay Option: We may make available to you an option to delay making your full payment (for single-pay offers) or your first payment (for multi-pay offers) for a certain number of days after your Order Date (e.g., 7, 30, or 60 days). For multi-pay offers, selecting a delay offer will change your payment schedule for future payments, as described on the checkout page.
- Subscription: We may make some products or services available to you on a subscription basis. Pricing terms and other information about such subscriptions will be specified at the time of sale. You may cancel your enrollment in a subscription program at any time by calling our customer service number. Unless you cancel, we may continue to charge your card or other account on a periodic basis as described at the time of sale for as long as you remain enrolled in the subscription program. We do not provide prorated refunds for subscriptions cancelled in the middle of a billing period.
Please also note that we may charge a non-refundable new user enrollment fee for digital downloads or digital subscription services. You will receive information about any such fee upon checkout.
The digital version of the Total Transformation Program will be accessible online for 365 days after your Order Date. You may renew online access to the Total Transformation Program after that time by purchasing the Program through the Site or following other instructions that we may provide to you. Other Programs that you purchase in digital format may be available for use for a limited time, as specified at the time of purchase.
3. OFFER GUARANTEES / REFUNDS / EXCHANGES
Empowering Parents offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on all purchases. If you purchase a Program without a payment delay, you may call us within 60 days from the date you receive your delivery (“Delivery Date”) to return the Program for a full refund of the purchase price paid (excluding shipping and handling charges, if any). You will be given return instructions for your purchase. Failure to follow the return instructions may result in a denial of your refund request. You are responsible for any return shipping and handling costs unless waived by us, in our discretion. No refunds will be provided for refund requests made more than 60 days after the Delivery Date. If you purchase a Program with a payment delay and call us to make arrangements to return the Program before you are charged, and you return the Program as instructed by us, we will not charge you for the Program.
For all guarantees, refunds, and exchanges we calculate the Delivery Date as your Order Date plus seven (7) business days.
If you need to exchange your Program due to damage, you must contact us to make arrangements and receive instructions for the exchange.
4. HOW TO CONTACT US
Customer service agents are available to accept returns and refund requests in accordance with these Purchase Terms, and for general questions, MondayFriday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ET by calling 1-800-460-2235.
5. PROGRAM DISCLAIMERS
The following disclaimers apply to all Programs available for use or sale through the Site:
All Programs –
- The Program is designed to provide parents with tools and techniques designed to help them become more effective parents. It is not designed to
deal with children who have psychological disorders or medical conditions, and the strategies it suggests will not work for all types of children at
all stages of development. Various factors may affect whether the Program is effective with a particular child, including the child’s age and
developmental level, the child’s setting/environment, and the parent’s skill in applying the program.
- Children who exhibit signs of dangerous behavior, to either themselves or others, should be placed under the care of a qualified professional. The
Program is not intended to take the place of professional therapy, counseling or medical treatment. Children currently under the supervision of a
professional should not discontinue such care without the consent of this professional.
- The Program is not intended as a substitute for medication, and you should never discontinue a child’s medication without consulting a qualified
Life Over the Influence – This program is designed for you to use, so you can start to take back control of your life despite your loved one’s struggle with
substance use. The techniques are not designed to address substance use directly, rather to empower those who are impacted by others’ substance use.
US Factor – The Us Factor is an educational program. It is not psychotherapy or counseling, and is not designed to replace it. If there is physical abuse, sexual
abuse, alcoholism, or substance abuse in your relationship, or if there are serious psychological problems, then it is important to contact local resources such
as your physician, therapist, clergy or legal authorities.
All the statements in the Program (including but not limited to the books, materials, program, and recordings) represent the opinions of its author.