Getting Through To Your Child™
The James Lehman Approach
2 DVDs (103 minutes), 46-page Workbook
When your child is rude, defiant and verbally abusive, it affects everyone in the family, as well as your child’s development. But it is possible to stop verbal abuse and turn the behavior around. In this program, James Lehman uses parent/child demonstrations to show you the step-by-step, word-for-word way to get kids to look at their abusive language, identify what triggers it, and make better choices next time.
Order online or call 800-258-4315, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)
Parents tell us every day: “1-on-1 Coaching makes all the difference“.
Try Our Introductory Offer: Only $1 for 30 Days of Full Access
When you need guidance through a specific situation, have questions about your program or just need someone to listen when you’re overwhelmed, our professional 1-on-1 Coaches are waiting to help.
$1 For The first month Then $49 Per Month Thereafter
Our Guarantee: If within 60 days from subscription activation you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, simply call us for a complete refund of the subscription price.
- Program Details
- 2 Instructional DVDs (103 minutes)
- 46-page Workbook
Yes, behavior can change.
We’ve seen even the most defiant, obnoxious and verbally abusive kids change, time and time again. To achieve these results, you just need to learn the right tools and process for when abusive and defiant behavior kicks in and takes over.
Trade the chaos for calm.
- End getting flustered at your child’s behavior
- Break the pattern of yelling and screaming
- No more reasoning and negotiating
- Stop groping for words in the moment
- Never give in to your child’s demands again
In this program, you’ll learn:
- The 8-step conversation model that works for virtually every behavioral situation
- Effective ways to stop your child’s verbal abuse
- How to get to the trigger behind the behavior
- Ways to deal with the most common problems, such as lying and breaking curfew, out-of-control anger and intimidation, refusal to do homework, bad grades, manipulation, and fighting between siblings
- A framework to develop more constructive behavior. This program works best when used with the behavior management plan of The Total Transformation® Program.
Q: My child has a diagnosis (such as ADD/ADHD, ODD). Will it work for him/her?
A: Yes. Getting Through To Your Child can be helpful for children with these conditions, and was born out of James and Janet Lehman’s approach to working with defiant, oppositional youth to develop more effective problem-solving skills. A good approach for many families is to use the program tools in conjunction with the support of a trusted, qualified, and local professional.
Q: Is there anyone who shouldn't use the program?
A: Children with autism, profound intellectual disabilities, and severe psychiatric disorders that result in an inability to communicate may not benefit from the techniques outlined in Getting Through To Your Child.
When you need guidance through a specific situation, have questions about your program or just need someone to listen when you’re overwhelmed, our professional 1-on-1 Coaches are waiting to help. Each is highly experienced with our range of learning programs, and dedicated to personally motivating and supporting you. Simply call or email and get personalized guidance related to your program. Plus, since 1-on-1 Coaching is an optional service, you can elect to use it as long as you need it.
Our professional staff of 1-on-1 Coaches is here to help guide you through your learning program. Many have experienced parenting challenges firsthand, and offer a fresh and knowledgeable perspective.
Coaching can be added to your order during the checkout process.